Skip to main content

Live edge Countertop:

 This was a really fun project for me. When I first met with the customer all they knew for certain was that they wanted some sort of counter over the handrail, with the possibility of something live edge. While we were discussing and getting to know each other, we got into the topic of math. My customer was a bit of a math nerd, and proud of it. So when I brought up the idea of doing some thin inserted lines he asked if I would be able to do the Sine / Cosine tangents running through the live edge slab.

I love how this piece turned out. I also loved rising to the challenge of some high level math I didn't quite understand. Also, who doesn't love supporting someone's nerdy obsessions? Hard to see the inserts in pictures since it is outside. But I hope you get the idea.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chopping blocks. So many chopping blocks.

 There is just something special about an end grain chopping blocks. These monsters are easier on your knife, and last longer... if you take care of it. But most importantly every single one is different from the next, having their own bit of flare. Even I sometimes don't know what they're going to turn out like when they're done, but I'm focused on making the best quality anyway. If you love food, love your kitchen, or love someone who does, then one of these are for you. I usually focus on selling these things at craft shows and the like, but I almost always have a dozen or so available.

The Wagler Workshop board gaming table

 Presenting my new design for a board gaming table. whether you like gaming as a family, or if you like to always have a puzzle on the go, this one is for you. You can customise the dimensions of your table, as well as select colours for your felt gaming space and the wood stain. This table is made from Ambrosia Maple, showing off dazzling grains and spalting. 

The interesting case of a rolling bookcase.

 This was a very interesting piece to work on. My customers love books! what can I say? They also love to be able to entertain and rearrange their space. When they first came to me with this unique design I had to take some time to wrap my head around it, but I love the idea. Shelves on one side along with selves and drawers on the other side. The worst part of this one was getting it into a condo. The best part was how happy my customers were when it was done. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get pictures of it completely finished, because the customers were tiling the top themselves. But I'm here to show off my work anyway. The trim is all custom made, and the whole unit rolls much more easily than you might imagine.